Captain Spectacular Captain Spectacular

Agree with TarileFreak

Most of Newgrounds is 14-17 year old kids, so you can't go by them when they say "this was hilarious!! so funny". Your animation was good, but TarileFreak hit the nail on the head with a lot of things that could use some work. There were a lot of poorly written jokes, that while you may say fits the goofy style of humor you were going for, they come across more as lazy, with no real sense of purpose. (red suit joke). The trick to writing a good comedy is sitting down and writing out a script or screen play before animating. This way, even if the animation is bad, the writing and story is still solid. Fortunately, you did have pretty good animtion. Voice acting could use a lot of work (next time go on a forum and ask for multiple people to do voices for multiple characters. "hey guys, i need a really good black-guy voice for a character I'm writing up in a new animation I'm working on!").

All in all, not bad, but could use work. Keep at it though!!!

WhiteLightning responds:

What's with ragging on the Star Trek reference? I think a brief red-shirt mention is perfectly acceptable in a sci-fi short. I rewrote this thing multiple times as always, I think I varied my voice quite well for the ones I did, and the "black-guy voice" WAS done by someone else who's quite a talented and Newgrounds-renowned voice actor. If you didn't find the short funny, that's perfectly fine. Everyone's tastes are different, and I'm honestly pleasantly surprised so many people do enjoy it. But every part of the story was exactly as it was meant to be and was worked on vigorously, and I'd appreciate it if it was not chalked up to laziness because your preferences differ from my style.

goggles are sexy luis goggles are sexy luis

Hahaha

Hilarious. Enough said

Jerry 2 Jerry 2

Haha very nice

You're lucky college kids still visit this site, it's a shame most of the reviewers don't get it. Hilarious nonetheless, awesome impersonation haha

The Best Game Ever Made The Best Game Ever Made

Rofl

"You discovered the only way to die in the game. Good job."

Fantastic. Very funny and a great time killer

Invisible Runner Invisible Runner

Eh...

There's a lot about this I didn't like, and only some parts I did.
I thought the game was conceptually well thought out, and I enjoyed the soothing music as I played, nothing too distracting or loud.
However, despite being wonderfully conceptually driven, I thought it was poorly executed. Very slow, sluggish controls for the character. The art was rather grungy and really nothing special at all, but with a game like this I don't think art is as important as level design and coding. So with that, I thought the level designs were rather simplisitc most of the way through. I felt that because of the sluggish movement of the character, differing from the movement of characters in most other games, judging where your character was when you were invisible made it more tricky than need be.

I thought the game was okay at best, but I'm giving a few extra points for concept.

Max Damage Max Damage

Very good.

Very fun, nice little concept. The difficulty is perfect throughout the game (starting easy and getting harder). The art was the only thing subbar but seeing as how this is more of a physics game then something that should be based on art, I won't complain. I loved the game, great job.

Can You Handle The Fucking Can You Handle The Fucking

Lmao.

4/4
cookie plz?
nice song.

Scream of the Fallen (2m29s) Scream of the Fallen (2m29s)

Carmen Tango cello string picking much? =p

Still very nice. Enjoyable song

rapsody (16bit)mix rapsody (16bit)mix

Awesome

Coolest 8-16-bit song I've ever heard. Awesome drum melodies, double base, and guitar licks! Haha crazy stuff man

Such Great Heights Such Great Heights

Love the colors.

Very tranquil feel. Very cool angle and style. I like this a lot.